Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Granny Green Grass



The grass is always greener on the other side....so I once heard, when I was on this side. I hear most things from this side; I see most things from this side, because more often than not, I am on the side which is this one, and I'll tell ya, it don't just look grass green on the other side, oh no, from where I'm standing, it looks like a psychedelic mix of Emerald, Electric, Neon and Spring Green, which if it had a name, would probably be something along the lines of ‘The absolute tits green’! That's what happens I guess when you've been on this side for too long, you get used to your own shade, and you suddenly see  yourself surrounded in the sort of green that your Nan would choose when kindly knitting you a jumper. Or a shade that stares up at you from your very healthy but boring dinner plate; peas, runner beans, that sort of green! Incredibly bland!

Maybe it ain't greener over there though, maybe my eyes are just tired resulting in everything around me looking lifeless and dreary. Maybe I should just get some sleep, and when I wake up, hopefully everything will look like the kind of green one would be wearing at a rave night! Mental and really fun!

Let’s hope so! 


2 comments:

  1. I love green: it's my favourite colour:
    more the mossy and olive side:
    neon green is 'wake up shake up' fer sure!
    I used to wear neon socks when I was a punk:
    always green:
    the best shade:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's a cool colour. Should dye my hair that colour one day! x

    ReplyDelete