Sunday, 7 August 2011

Welcome to the Reading List, it says..



I once had a reading list; waste of time it was. Still haven't managed to complete a whole book since me teens, but I have waded half way through a fair few good ones though.

At the moment I'm having a bash at Eats, Shoots and Leaves. Very funny; leaves you being a stickler for punctuation. I sitll haven't quite got my head around the semicolon, but i'm throwing it in here and there with me eyes shut, and am hoping that they're placed in the appropriate position...

Other books on my reading list  are:

Oliver Twist (Read the first 2 pages)

The Way We Wore ( half way through it)

The Picture Of Dorian Gray (Read the first 3 chapters )

Dear Boy (2 chapters in )

A Kestral For A Knave (Have read it 3 times over and every time only reach the half way point)

Shout (Half a page)

Peter Cook; A Biography (About 4 chapters)

and The History Of Fashion. (Briefly flicked through)

Bad, innit!
Well, i'll make it my aim to have finished one of the above by January. That gives me 4 months, yeah, that's doable!

On a good note, since writing this reading list (which was about a month ago) I've managed to finish reading the semicolon section in Eats, Shoots and Leaves, and I can say with confidence, I kinda know when to use it now..sort of!

3 comments:

  1. Good one. Try reading never let me go. It's meant to be a good one. message alert xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just Kids by Patti Smith is a must read:
    you can hear her voice as the words bounce off the page:
    beautifully sad in places but a truly eloquent book about her love affair with Robert and New York
    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, cheers Dee. Sounds like å great read! And Anonymous, you're my beautiful twin, ain't ya! Message alert xxx

    ReplyDelete